Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jack-o-Lanterns Gone Wild

Hmmm. I wonder if that title is a little misleading. Can something as inherently wild as a Jack-o-Lantern go wilder? Maybe I should have added the "er"....

Decorative Envies, another swap group I belong to (you can find it in Yahoo Groups), has a monthly swap of what I think of as "happy mail". This month's swap had a Jack-o-Lantern theme, and I wanted to show off the envies (envelopes) and notecard the group's ringleader sent me.

This is the outside front of the envelope as it came out of my mailbox:


And this is the back:


Do you see why I call it Happy Mail? Who wouldn't smile, getting something like this?! It's tough, though. I'm kind of compulsive about checking the mail, and I always check it on the way to my car, so when I got this, on my way to somewhere, I had to just put it in front seat and drive around and not open it! No opening something like this until you can do it properly, so as not to damage anything!

It was worth the wait, though. Here's the envie that was inside, ready for me to address and send along to some lucky recipient:


And here's the note card inside that:


That's a little teensy envelope glued to the front of the card, and the little paper that says "Trick or Treat!" can be taken out. I LOVE that!

I think Sarah did such a beautiful job, and I can't wait to send the card out.

Another swap was for book-themed postcards. My swap partner, Lynette, sent me this amazing postcard, with an Iris Fold window, collage, and stamping, from New Zealand. I'm am just bowled over at the work she put into it, and the lovely results.


Okay now, Sarah, if you're reading this and you haven't received the Jack-o-Lantern envies I sent you, you have to stop reading now, because I'm going to put in pictures of them!

This is the outer envelope:


And for the card, I did this on the outside:
(If you can't read what it says, it's "It was bound to happen someday. Little Cedric asked what was in the dessert.")

Inside the card, you find this:

I hope Sarah gets as big a kick out of receiving this as I did making it!

I didn't get to visit anyone's blogs today. Unexpected company derailed me, and I didn't get to my computer until after 10:30. I'm thinking of all my bloggy friends, though, and will be making the rounds tomorrow!

Sleep well, dear ones.

2 comments:

storybeader said...

that looks like so much fun! I didn't know... realize, you could send colored envelopes in the mail. But why not!? {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

awesome and fun! envie swapping sounds delightful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails