Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Big Green Book of Recycled Crafts: Book Review

If I were to make a list of Favorite Things, "Books" would be right up at the top, and angling for position right next to that would be "Crafting", especially using found/recycled materials. Imagine my delight then, just reading the title, The Big Green Book of Recycled Crafts.

And then I opened the book....oooh.

Flowers from pop cans

The book is divided into six sections, Plastic, Paper, Glass, Cans, Textiles, and Throwaways. That is, by the way, all the Table of Contents tells you, along with the page numbers that begin each section. It's all right, though; you are going to want to leaf through page by page anyway. Be sure to have a stack of bookmarks handy for all the projects you'll want to do!

Pumpkins from dryer vent hoses

Each project has it's own page, sometimes two, with a photograph, materials list, and very clear instructions, with copious illustrations and photos where mere words might not suffice. Sprinkled throughout the book are extra tips, and at the end of the book are full-sized patterns.

Who doesn't have a bunch of Cd cases lying around?

This is a book I'm going to use a lot. I found myself thinking, That would really be fun for the Crafting Week with Mama! or Wouldn't that make a great gift for the grandkids!


There were projects I wanted to make as gifts, projects I wanted to make for myself, ideas I wanted to share with various relatives, and ideas that sparked the creative brain waves for new projects of my own.

My prediction: This is a book that will garner a lot of fans.


An elegant throw from recycled sweaters

5 comments:

AWJ said...

Oh, my gosh, I wish I could make those blooming luminaries because they're gorgeous! You're going to have a lot of fun with that book. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and my Sisterhood project, I love the sewing cards project and I will be making some for sure for my younger group of grandkids, that is a fun project, have a great week, I love the sweater and pumpkin projects also! XOXO

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh that is fantastic--what great ideas--you're going to have fun with this!!
XO

storybeader said...

looks like a lot of good ideas! We have an extra burnt up drying hose! lol {:-D

majeral said...

Oh man just as I was trying to stop hording everything under the sun YOU do this to me!!!
Now DARLING you know I have to buy it ..aagggggg

Related Posts with Thumbnails