Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FINALLY! TAGS I LOVE

I have struggled with this for all the years I've been making Coffee Pot People and Tea Kettle Characters: How do I tag them?

That struggle has a lot to do with some of the tagging I've seen in the Trillium store. A lot of them were practically works of art themselves, and after seeing them I developed a severe case of raging envy. But, try as I might, I couldn't seem to come up with something both eye-catching and artful AND easy to produce.

Until Tuesday, when I had a brainstorm: Use bottle caps. Use card stock tags. Add magnets to the back!

Here are some of the new tags:

I had a number of these finished yesterday, and promptly tied them to several Tea Kettle Characters, and drove them to Mag-Big, a new store opening on Hawthorne, a very popular shopping street in Portland. The owner was thrilled with the Tea Kettle Characters, and their tags, and even consigned the rest of the tags I had to sell on their own, as refrigerator magnets!

Imagine that. A product tag that is itself a product. I AM happy!

8 comments:

Lululiz said...

Perfect! They really are little works of art as well.

Rose Clearfield said...

The tags are wonderful! I definitely agree that they are little works of art. A magnet on the back is perfect. :)

Anonymous said...

Your tags are so perfect!!! Really you!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

And well you SHOULD be happy!!! Those little tags are as awesome as your tea kettle people are!

You should also be proud!

Very Verdant said...

These are great!

Anonymous said...

Hi! So excited to find you have a blog! I found it through One Pretty Thing.

I was wondering if you ever wrote a book about your coffee pot people? If not check out Katerine Dunn's blog called Apifera Farm blog. Scroll to October 9th and she put up a link to, Make Your Own Book. She also has a link to one of her books. Mice That Love, by Katerine Dunn. She lives in Yam Hill area I think.

Those Tags are adorable!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Wow! Those are really cool! You have wonderful brainstorms!

Wine Recipes said...

Thanks for this blog post

Related Posts with Thumbnails