Saturday, January 2, 2010

CHAGRIN AND BEAR IT

This is embarrassing, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Have I mentioned I'm organizationally challenged? Or that my New Year's Resolution is to get over that? One of my problems, frankly, is motivation. Housework, cleaning, straightening, whatever you care to call it, is very low on my list of priorities. It's never been something I enjoy, and I have lots and lots of stuff I can do that I do enjoy, so, well, I fall behind. A lot.

And then that gets in the way of the things I want to do, right? I mean, I can sit down and sew when my sewing table looks like this, but...

Well, this is embarrassing!

It's not exactly an easy place to work. That's obvious.

So today I decided to expose myself to untold ridicule and show the world this mess. Why? Because if I do that, I'll have to clean it up in order to get unembarrassed!

And I did:

Ahhh. I feel better now.

I do feel better. The thing is, if that were the only disorganized place in the house, or even that room, it wouldn't be too bad. Everyone has a bit of a mess somewhere at sometime. I think. Maybe not my Mom...No, even Mama occasionally, once in a blue moon, makes a mess. Okay, so everyone is messy sometimes, and that's no problem. But my messes seem to just go on and on and...

Brace yourself, because this is just the beginning. I'm just going to have to keep going at this until I straighten up and fly right!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have problems being tidy and getting other things done other than my art!Ha. Good luck. I am terrible but l have now made myself set one day to clean house ect....a week aside and told everyone l am doing it...then l feel l have to do it. Also my consulting room for my clients is in my house..so that is also an incentive. They don't see the whole flat but do see some of it. We will have to keep each other on the task! Happy New Year.
lynda

BeadedTail said...

Wow! You did a great job! I need to work on my organization skills too. Trouble is when I do tidy things up I can never find anything!

Memories for Life said...

You're not alone! I need a room twice the size of the one I have. Messes seem to make themselves...LOL!!!

The cleanup looks nice :)

majeral said...

Darling if mine JUST looked as bad as your worse I would be happy. But I am on a new year and "determine" to change (at 67 I maybe able to do it) lol My determination is to have my home (1bedroom apart.) look inviting when I open the door. BE a place of calm and somewhere people wil want to be. (the bedroom hence known as the TheRoomwithall, will have th door closed until I can find away to make and do things and not be a "pit"> Any ideas welcome.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

1. The original mess wasn't that bad. :P

2. Congrats on getting that cleaned up and pretty looking!

Kathleen said...

I think everyone who is creative has a bit of 'messie' tendencies! I know I do. I second your thoughts, majeral, and hope that I can make my home a welcome place of peace that people will enjoy. Having a neat area to create makes it much easier for me to be creative!

And, to that end, I share a couple of helpful places I have found on the 'net':
Messies Anonymous (The Organizer Lady)

and Flylady

both have lots of helpful suggestions and encouragement for getting things in order =)

Anonymous said...

Now I'm embarassed!

TiLT said...

LOL! That's nothing :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails