Sunday, January 31, 2010

CHINA BLOSSOMS IN JANUARY

It's very early in the year for me to be making China Blossoms, but there are two new, early, shows for me this year. So here I am, making them inside, whereas normally I'd be making them outside. It's a bit different, and my living room floor has a brand new look.

Not sure what the dog thinks of it all, except that she normally sits on that bit of rug you see in the corner. The big front window comes all the way to the floor, and she watches all the neighborhood goings-on from there.

Here's an unusual one, made special for the Say it with heART! Show:


You probably didn't notice one way or the other, but the China Blossoms in that top photo are sitting flat on the floor. That's because they're in the first stage, where I glue the pretty parts together.

While they dry, I cut the copper tubing, mash one end of it, and then weld the tube to big fender washers. I got sixty-five of those done this afternoon, and thought they looked really cool all lined up:



After that step, they go to the wire wheel, and get buffed up a bit, and then they're glued to the backs of the China Blossoms. That's done, too, so I'm feeling very productive right about now.

4 comments:

AWJ said...

Wow, busy busy! All that's really impressive. :) Great original idea, too!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Looks like a lot of work - but I bet your having fun :D

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Hi--I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Check out my blog post about it:

http://pruitthandcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/02/commenters-giveaway-and-award.html

Blessings!
Linda

Splendid Little Stars said...

Those look very intriguing, a great decoration for the floor! Seriously, it's fun to see part of your process. You've been very productive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails